Monday, July 28, 2008

Summer Colds: a rant

The only thing worse than getting that stuffy nose, headache, sore throat and cough is coming down with it in the heat of summer. There's no desire for hot tea and toast or snuggling deep into your down comforter. A nice, hot steam bath - out of the question. You can get that just walking outside in the Texas heat anyway.

So, this weekend - I was sick. And we had a full schedule of events planned, what with it being summer and the kids being their usual, busy selves. I may have even ran a fever, but who can tell; it was over 100 degrees and I was on a three-day benadryl binge.

I'm pretty sure this crap has settled into my lungs now and I'm in for the long haul with a nasty case of bronchitis and a nice, lengthy sinus infection, complete with watery, crusted eyes and a tight jaw which has the added effect of a comfy toothache.

I love summer.

I know, this whole post could have best been said with a simple "I don't feel too good" - but where's the fun in that?

No comments: