Wednesday, December 2, 2015

I WON!!!



Yes - you read the meme correctly - I'M  A WINNER!

My new novel, Vita Bellum, now has 54,000+ words. I'm well on my way to becoming a published author. 

Thank you.

This, for me, is only my third greatest accomplishment - following the births of my two children. But to write over 50K words in one month is quite a feat!

Of course, the words are mostly crap and National Novel Writing Month (November) should be followed up by National Editing Month (December). Whew! Total drivel - but I will add that some of the scenes I wrote are not only graphic and detailed, they are an example of fantastic story telling. I'm not just patting myself on the back here, folks! It's just good writing.

Not all of it. I feel like I should keep adding that. But enough good writing that I don't totally hate what I wrote and I have yet to delete it because of thinking "Oh Lord, what was I thinking, this is crap?" as I have done in the past.

So far, I have three people reading it for me just for S and G's and two of them have said that it's good stuff. The third person hasn't spoken to me since I sent it to him, but it's my nephew and it's likely he hasn't even read it yet, so I'll just pretend he's so in awe of his aunt's literary writing skills that he remains speechless.

Look for it on the shelves some day. Vita Bellum (that's Latin for "Life at War") by Angela Degelman.


No comments: